The Nerdlouvia Code of Conduct
We strive to create an inclusive, fun, and safe atmosphere for everyone. We ask that all participants at Nerd Louisville events conduct themselves in a manner conducive to the enjoyment and safety of other event participants.
We expect participants to:
- Adhere to all applicable state, country, and city laws and regulations.
- Immediately comply with any request to stop unacceptable behavior.
- Use the preferred names and pronouns of other participants.
- Obtain permission before photographing or recording others.
- Respect everyone’s physical and social boundaries and personal property
- If a person tells you “no,” you are expected to desist immediately.
- Attire is not consent.
- Have fun, make friends, and be respectful.
No tolerance is given for harassment, theft, or aggressive behavior. Harassments includes offensive comments and actions related to gender, expression, age, sexual orientation, physical appearance, race, disability, ethnicity, and religion. It also includes the unwanted display of sexual imagery, intimidation, stalking, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. This policy extends to real-world interactions and those within role-playing and board games that may be considered “in character” or otherwise within the confines of the game.
Any Participant who feels as though they are in an unsafe environment should notify the organizer of the event or other authorized representative of Nerd Louisville immediately. If you feel uncomfortable doing so in person, or a representative of Nerd Louisville is unavailable, you can discreetly text or call (502) 536-7729 or e-mail Admin@Nerdlouisville.org to report issues.
All attendees, sponsors, game masters, and volunteers attending Nerd Louisville events agree to abide by this code of conduct. Participation in a Nerd Louisville event is considered implicit acceptance of these rules, and violation of this code of conduct is considered grounds for immediate removal from the play area and the premises.
Thank you for supporting Nerd Louisville.